Recently finished

Jan. 24, 2016

Hi everyone,
I thought you might like to see my adaptation of an antique rug,
" Two Little Kitties"
Well, almost finished will press and bind this week.
Something about hit and miss borders that I love!
And I don't get board hooking them.
In fact I think I could hook a huge runner and enjoy every minute of it!! :)


I also wanted to share a wool appliqué kit
from Cee Rufus of Early Style Penny Rugs.
I really enjoy hand-stitching while taking
 a break from hooking.
I have stitched several of her kits.
I can feel another addiction coming on! :)


Wishing you all a wonderful creative week!
xoxo Louise


10 comments:

  1. Two wonderful accomplishments. Wish my hit and miss borders looked so goo. I think my problem is that usually (for me) it is a way to get rid of left over strips so mine looks messy. Yours has a rhythm and consistency which mine never has. Will save a copy of yours as a GOOD example of what hit and miss should look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little kitties.
    Cee does have wonderful patterns. I have one (for a year now???) that someday I will get to.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise,
    Both are just beautiful!! Love kitties so the rug is a favorite, and Cee's kits are just wonderful!!
    Thank you for sharing them with us!!
    Have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so very much!! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, love the antique kitties!! Oh no,not another addiction! How does this happen?
    blessings,
    ~ronda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! That is the kind of hit and miss I like, it's organized and looks beautiful. I've seen other hit and miss where they just grab out of the bag and hook and to me it looks shoddy and too busy, not a relaxing rug. But that's just my opinion. Your's is beautiful Louise!!

    hugs
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lou your works are magnificent!! Love this Kitty design Your hit or miss border is on fleek! the colors you chose are sooo pretty!...Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.