My neck of the woods

April 28, 2014

Today is such a beautiful day to go out for a nice long walk.
So I grabbed a bottle of water and my cell phone just to have on hand.
While walking I decided to take some photos with my phone so I could
share all the great barns and interesting sites in my neck of the woods.

This first barn is across the road from ours.

Up the road and around the bend sits this big beautiful house 
that once served as a hospital during the Revolutionary War.

On the top floor of their barn was where the wounded soldiers 
laid before entering the hospital. 

This is the other section of the barn.

And another view.


Across from the barn is a small cemetery for soldiers that have been
found and laid to rest. 

Each flag is in honor of the soldier buried there.


Looks like they're in the works of restoring their Spring house.

Walking down the road and around the bend was once a sheep farm but no sheep to be found today.
I know the owner was up in years, so perhaps he is no longer raising sheep.


A little bit of a distance more I'm back to my home and barn.

Thanks so much for stopping by and strolling along with me!!

Enjoy your day!
xoxo Louise

16 comments:

  1. Lovely tour on such a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful day for a stroll! Thanks for the tour of your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tour,such a treat on this rainy day.Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty walk with you my friend ~ thanks for taking me along!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures, they are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening, oh thank you for letting me tag along, I loved the walk. So pretty and interesting, many wonderful homes and plaques, thank you, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much everyone for joining me on my walk today!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sights! I love seeing the old stone homes and barns.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved taking this stroll with you and learning a bit more about your neck of the woods. I love history! Thanks for sharing! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful walk. Love the history and character of the old homesteads and barns. Thank you for sharing your lovely walk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful walk. I love the history and character of the old homesteads and barns. Thank you for sharing your lovely walk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Louise,
    I LOVE your neck of the woods! So much history. I love to see old barns. Thank you for sharing. I felt like I was on the walk with you! Have a great day. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful scenery and very interesting history; thanks much for sharing 'your neck of the woods'. Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for inviting me along for this lovely walk through your beautiful neck of the woods~
    So much history, quiet woods and old barns~
    just beautiful, dear Louise~

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful area you live in, Louise! Such history and beautiful barns! I'd take a long walk everyday to soak up the beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exercise with a View! What can be better than that? Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.