Antique Butter Molds

October 10, 2013

While cleaning out my computer files I came across photos 
of these wonderful antique butter molds I had saved a long time ago and forgot about.
Some of these designs would be great inspiration for designing
hooked mats or needle punch patterns, don't you think.
The Lion mold down below is attached to my inside kitchen door,
it belonged to the previous owner who was an antique dealer that specialized in
antique dolls, he was once an appraiser on Antique Road Show.

Lots of rain will be falling the next few days!
This is when I most enjoy making chicken soup, crusty bread 
and working on my rugs.
But today I must travel down to visit with my little grandson.

Hope you all have a wonderful creative day!
xoxo Louise










5 comments:

  1. Louise...I have a special affection for lions, perhaps because my Annie is a Leo. How lucky for you the previous owner left this lovely fellow for you to enjoy. Enjoy your visit with the new one!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! I love buttermolds! I see a new rug designed in my future...lol! Enjoy your time with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ... I do fancy butter molds, and your collection is splendid indeed!
    Wishing you a delightful visit with your wee grandson.
    Sending warm hugs your way ...
    Judy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, those are beautiful!! I have a couple of vintage molds but nothing nearly as beautiful as those!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. They would be great inspiration for a hooked or needle punch design for sure. Perhaps that is what will be on your frame next?

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.